Audio cables connect the components of your audio system, moving the audio signal between them. Power cords also connect your system to its electricity supply.
Cables are often overlooked or treated as an afterthought when putting together an audio system. However, like every other component, they affect the ultimate sound quality and attention must be paid to their selection.
Audio cables include:
- Analog interconnects. These carry analog signals between components. They may be balanced (XLR) or single-ended (RCA). This refers to how the individual conductors of the cable are used to carry the audio signal.
- Digital audio cables. These carry digital audio signals. There are several digital interface formats, including:
- SPDIF. This is a single-ended interface that uses RCA connectors.
- AES. This is a balanced interface that uses XLR connectors.
- TOSLINK. This is an optical interface that uses fibre-optic cables.
- USB cables.
- HDMI cables.
- Speaker cables.
- Power cords.
Wireworld, produces a comprehensive range of audio cables to address any connection need in your system. Their cables range from affordable entry level products up to their reference level Platinum products. Throughout their whole product range Wireworld cables clearly preserve more of the beautiful harmonic textures and dynamic expression that make live music so enjoyable.
Pro-Ject Audio produces the Connect it range of audio cables. The range includes general purpose pure silver and OFC (oxygen-free copper) audio interconnects, OFC speaker cables, power cords and power strips. Connect it signal cables are also available with pure silver or OFC conductors and are provided with ground wires and RCA or standard turntable sockets for use with turntables.